Tuesday, December 2, 2014

3 Day Refresh: Day One Review

Day One- Morning

You wake up and drink a cup of water.  I was a little annoyed because that meant I had to walk down stairs to get the water.  But I did it and I actually really liked the way it woke me up, I got a cup of cold filtered water and it perked me right up...not an easy task on a Monday after having the last 5 days off!

After my water, I decided there was no more delaying it I had to weigh myself and take some pictures.  I ask that you read and look at these but then delete them from your memory :) It has taken me a long time to come to terms with the number on the scale is just a number, it isn't what defines who I am! What's the right way to say this.......hmm I am dense, defined as closely compacted in substance (concentrated), while I am 5'4 and wear a size 6 I have always weighed more than most of my friends.  Okay enough jibber jabber, here are my pics from yesterday morning and my starting weight.

 I deleted my head so when I make it big (I think my singing career is just getting warmed up) no one can use these as black mail :) 

Starting Weight
142.6





You finish off your morning with a Shakeology shake.  I have been on this train for a while so nothing new for me, I love my Shakeology in the morning!


So far this seems easy peasy!

Day One- Mid-Morning Fiber Sweep

I have never done a cleanse or anything, so this first fiber sweep was very scary for me going into it.  The packaging doesn't help either, it says "note: drink will thicken as the natural fiber binds water, so be sure to drink immediately after preparation". Okay so as a first timer I am imagining drinking this slimy solidifying shake and immediately afterwards I am going to have to poo.

Luckily, my imagination made it much worse than it really was phewww!  The drink wasn't actually that terrible, it is quite grainy but has good flavor and I drank it fast enough that I didn't notice and solidification (is that even a word?!)!

I also didn't feel like I had to crap my pants (sorry no other way around it) the whole day, it just filled me up and I didn't notice much difference besides being full.  Side note, I am pretty good at keeping up my fiber normally so for me adding this didn't have a big impact but if you don't regularly keep up with fiber you might be a bit uncomfortable for the first day.

I am still on board with this whole shindig!

Day One- Lunch (Vanilla Fresh)

Lunch is pretty simple, you get a small helping of veggies with a small helping of fruit and a vanilla shake you have to drink.  I won't go into details on the regular fruits and veggies, you can read all about what you are allowed to eat in the program guide.

The Vanilla Fresh shake isn't my favorite but it is drinkable. You mix it with 10 ounces of water and it does taste like Vanilla but I hated the texture of it.  I am going to try to add some ice and blend it for my dinner meal.

So far I havent had any issues with the refresh, still feeling good and full from the Fiber Sweep!

Day One- Mid-Afternoon Snack

You are allowed to eat a mid afternoon snack, it is very small but it does its job.  I felt fuller when I finished.  Again, if you want to know the details you can find all the juicy details about what you can eat in the program guide!

Day One- Dinner (Vanilla Fresh)

By dinner I was starting to feel the hunger pains so I was really looking forward to a satisfying meal.  Unfortunately, I did not get that meal.  You are allowed a small veggie meal (program guide has recipes you can choose from) and the Vanilla Fresh shake.

I added ice and some cinnamon to the Vanilla Fresh this time and it was much better, so there is hope! But after finishing my veggie meal and my shake I was still wanting a main course!  It took all my willpower to hold my drool in as I watched Matt and Lily devour probably the most delicious meal ever made and not take a bite myself!

Day One- Evening

Nothing, you aren't allowed any foods after dinner.  You are killing me man! I tried to halfheartedly do a PiYo Core workout then I daydreamed on the couch about a big juicy burger for an hour before I decided I needed to go to bed or my willpower was going to give out.  

I DID IT! I CAN'T BELIEVE I ACTUALLY SURVIVED THE FIRST DAY! 

Besides the end of the day hunger, this was a pretty easy day.  I hope the next 2 go as smoothly........to be continued...... 




No comments:

Post a Comment