Wednesday, December 3, 2014

3 Day Refresh: Day Two Review

Day Two- Morning

So I went to bed with a terrible headache, which I am assuming is from cutting coffee cold turkey, and woke up with the same.  I got up and drank my water and it did help the headache go away, and after that I felt pretty normal and surprisingly I wasn't that hungry.  I decided to weigh myself because I was too curious to wait 3 days to see if this was going to work....I was very very pleased to see I was down 2.8lbs after only a day!!!!!!!  So any doubt I had when i woke up was immediately removed, this was worth it!

The first day I had done Vanilla Shakeology, which was okay but not great.  I decided to try Greenberry Shakeology this morning and it was really really good!  Just the perfect amount of citrus and sweet....if I take nothing else away from this, I now know that I like Greenberry best with just water and fresh fruit (I put strawberries, but I am going to try cranberries soon). 

Day Two- Mid-Morning Fiber Sweep


This is my least favorite part of the day. Although the Fiber Sweep is tolerable, tastes a little citrusy I would liken it to emergen-c if you have ever tried that, but it is really chalky and after reading the directions I just can't get the idea of it thickening out of my head.  I mixed it up and chugged it down, gagged a couple of times but followed it up with a little water and I was good to go.  I really thought the Fiber Sweep was supposed to make you....you know, do what fiber makes you do.....but so far 1.25 days in nothing out of the ordinary has happened in that department.  So it is pretty amazing that I have already lost almost 3 pounds without "cleaning out" my system.

So far, this whole thing seems to good to be true....I know the hard part is coming (and it does)!

Day Two- Lunch (Vanilla Fresh)


Same as yesterday's lunch, I got some fruit, some veggie's and the Vanilla Fresh shake....have I mentioned that if you are interested in knowing what veggies and fruits you can eat you can refer to the program guide?  Anyways, I must admit that the Vanilla Shake is my second least favorite drink in the world following the Fiber Sweep.  I am just really particular about my drink textures....like I can't drink OJ with pulp and I don't do smoothies that contain fruits with harder seeds (raspberries, blueberries)....I don't have a blender at work so I just use my blender bottle and I think that is why I am not that into it.  The flavor is good despite the texture so I tolerate it and drink up! 

By lunch today, I am pretty hungry.  I eat all the foods and drink the Vanilla Fresh and it does take the edge off the hunger but I am still not completely satisfied.  I drink some extra water to curb the hunger, hopeful it will get me through the day!

Day Two- Mid-Afternoon Snack


I am a creature of habit, I like routine, so I ate the same foods as yesterday for lunch and for this snack (refer to program guide for details).  I am not nearly as full today as I was yesterday, I just keep drinking water to help fool my body into thinking it is full.  

Day Two- Dinner (Vanilla Fresh)

So Lily was at her Nani's house for a little while this evening so I got to come home and get some necessary life things done.  I decided to pick a salad for dinner but it said to marinate for an hour, so i made it and took a couple bites (it was amazing) before putting it in the fridge to marinate for an hour.  I thought that delaying my dinner a little and preoccupy myself with cleaning it would help hunger to subside but not so much.  By the time I got to eating my salad I was so hungry, I think i downed it in 2.5 seconds and then I followed it with my Vanilla Fresh.  Side note, I want to retract my previous statement about Vanilla Fresh being so terrible, when i mix it up in the blender with ice and some cinnamon it really is pretty good...the ice helps to hide the texture of it. Back on track, I ate all the foods I was allowed to eat and still had hunger pains.

I cheated :( I just couldn't control myself around the food in my pantry and the fact that I had already lost almost 3 pounds and that was my whole goal for the 3 days anyways....okay I am going to stop here because I am just trying to justify my cheating, but really there is no justification, I need to work on my willpower!  So I ate a handful of BBQ Popchips, not the worst thing for you but still not good when you are on the 3 Day Refresh. 

After eating them I immediately regretted it, it is only 3 days and I can't do it :( but, I know it is my weakness and the first step to fixing a problem is admitting you have one so now I know I need to work on it! 

Matt went to play "ball" with his "boys" so instead of a workout i vacuumed and mopped the floor.....hoping that helped to counteract my lapse..I also added an extra 8 ounce glass of water to make up for the Popchips, I guess we will see tomorrow morning how much it messed me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment