Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Top 3 reasons I chose Insanity Max:30


It's here!! It's here!! I am so excited to get started with Insanity Max:30 in January, I am hoping it will get me in bikini condition for next summer!  It occurred to me that you may be interested in hearing why I chose this as my next workout program, so I thought I would give you my reasoning!

There are tons and tons and tons of workout programs out there and when it comes to choosing one, it can be a little overwhelming to say the least!! When I look for something new, it has to meet my top 3 requirements or I don't even look at it.  

 

1. 30 Minutes or Less
I am a busy full time working mom.  My number one priority is my family, so I want a workout program that does not interfere with them.  Insanity Max:30 is (if you couldn't guess from the title) 30 minutes long, which is perfect for me.  I don't workout until after my daughter goes at 8pm, so if I workout from 815-845 I still have time to spend with my husband and get the house in semi-clean condition before going to bed for the night. 

2. High Energy
I need a workout that will keep me engaged and will make the time fly by!  I tried Yoga in college and it just wasn't for me, I loved the idea of it but I need music blasting....instructors yelling.....sweat dripping workouts to keep my interest.  I started with Shaun T in T25, so even though I haven't tried Insanity Max:30 I have a pretty good idea of how the workouts will go.  I love getting so involved in the workouts that I don't watch the clock and before I know it the workout is over!

3. Modifiers
Although intoxicated dancing Jessica will tell a different story, I am not very coordinated/rhythmic.  When I first start a workout it takes me a while to pick up on the moves, even the simple ones (if you have done T25 jack uppercut, I am still not able to do it!).  So for me it is important to have a modifier to follow until i get comfortable that I am not going to sprain in ankle trying a move!!  The best part of Insanity Max:30 is they have a modifier track, which means you can choose to do the workout with the modifier on the screen the whole time so you can follow her the whole time!!!!!  About time a workout program catered to us uncoordinated folks!!

Verdict:
A lot of workout programs fit my top 3 requirements, so what put Insanity Max:30 over the edge was the fact that it is a competition with yourself.  Each time you do a workout you are asked to write down your "Max Out" time and then the next time you do it you try and beat your time.  I L-O-V-E competing even with myself so as soon as I heard that it was a no brainer for me to start this program. I also love the fact that you aren't trying to be the best ever at the workout, you are trying to the best ever YOU and each week you work to get better!

Who's ready to give this a try with me? Message me!

No comments:

Post a Comment