Sunday, January 18, 2015

Amazing Chicken Fried Rice Recipe!

Chicken Fried Rice
(original recipe can be found here)

So I tried this new recipe last night and it was so good and pretty healthy and really quick!  Matt and I loved it and Lily even ate some which for a 2 year old to like it means it must be good!!!  Below is the recipe, let me know what you think!

Ingredients
2 Boneless Chicken Breast
1 TBSP Toasted Seasame Oil
1 TBSP Olive Oil
4 Green Onions 
1 1/3 cups frozen peas and carrots mix
3 TBSP Low Sodium Soy Sauce
2 eggs
2 Garlic cloves, minced
3 cups cooked brown rice (I cooked mine on tuesday when we I was using it for another meal and then put it in my fridge until Saturday, I would recommend cooking it at least the morning of or the night before and storing otherwise it might make the fried rice a little too soggy)
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
1. Dice Chicken Breasts, I dont have the patience or skill to make them the called for 1 inch cubes so I just cut them up until they seemed small enough.
2. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil and 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil to a Wok, heat over medium.  Add chicken and cook until it is brown, took me about 7 minutes.
3. Set aside chicken, add 1 1/2 toasted sesame oil and 1 1/2 olive oil to Wok.  Throw in peas and carrots, let them cook for about 3 minutes.  Add green onion, cook another minute.  Add Garlic, cook another minute.
4.  Push veggies to the side of wok, crack eggs and scramble.  Mix back in rice, chicken and veggies.  Add soy sauce and let cook for 3-5 minutes.

Ready to serve!  Makes a little over 4 servings, I added Siracha to mine because I love spicy but Matt ate his without and still loved it!

Hope your family enjoys this as much as mine did!

No comments:

Post a Comment