Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Two Days in....I LOVE IT! Insanity Max:30


I finally, after having it for 2 weeks, started Insanity Max:30....and I am obsessed with it! 

I have been so sore the last two days but I am embracing it because I know I am gaining muscles......#bikinibodybysummer

For those of you who are wondering what the workouts are like here is a brief overview:
-the whole point is to push yourself to the max until you can't go on and then you take a breather and jump back in and push yourself to the max again and again until you have finished the 30 minute workout.
-I have only done two of the workouts but in both of them you have 6-30 second water breaks, so you do get a little breather.
-in Cardio Challenge it was basically 4-5 minutes cardio high intensity then a 30 second break
-in Tabata Power you do 30 second spurts where you go go go for 20 seconds and then jog it out for 10 seconds and you still get 30 second breaks every 4-5 minutes(this is why I was able to go longer in this one over the Cardio Challenge)

One of the best parts about this workout is you can choose to have the modifier on the screen the whole time so you can either follow Shaun T or the modifier.  My goal is to follow Shaun T until I max out and then I follow the modifier and obviously I should be going longer each week before I max out.  I will keep you posted!

I am going to finish with just some general life happenings related to my health and fitness!
1. I got the flu last week, bummer!!!  
I was thinking about it this weekend and I am sure there are other factors involved as to why I got it, BUT I stopped focusing on my nutrition and my fitness for 2 weeks leading up to the new year because I was so focused on making sure we had a great holiday.  So I didn't have my Shakeology in the mornings and at night instead of working out I wrapped gifts and made cookies and partied and drank!  So while it was fun, I ended that binge with the flu so was it worth it? Hmmmm

2. I have kept the weight off from 3 Day Refresh!!!!!
I have gotten this question a lot, so you lost all that weight in 3 days have you kept it off?  And my answer is a resounding YES! I knew I was a plateau when I started the 3 Day Refresh and it helped me get below that plateau and now I am on the opposite side of it and I am staying here.  In fact, I weighed myself this morning and I am down .4lbs from my ending weight on 3 Day Refresh :) So while the majority of Americans were gaining 1-5 pounds this holiday season I am just over here getting below my goal weight and staying there!!  8-) (that's my cool guy with sunglasses on face)

3. I have to get a procedure done next Tuesday on a mole I had removed.
So I found out December 31 (great way to end 2014) that a mole I had removed a few weeks ago was pre-cancerous (but the nurse used bigger words) and I have to go back so they can make sure they get all the bad cells out.  So I go in January 13 at 830 to get the procedure done.  The nurse said it was pretty simple, just numb the area do some scrapping and then stitch me up.  Good news is I already had day off so I don't have to miss work for it...bad news is it is right in the middle of my stomach so I am going to have a pretty interesting scar this summer when I am out and about in my bikini!  I am not too worried about it but if you are the praying type I would love to be added to your prayers for the next week that everything goes according to plan!

4. I want to win a workout with Shaun T! Will you help me?
So there is a contest going to this month, the coach who gets the most people to join them in doing the Insanity Max:30 Challenge will win a live workout with Shaun T.  I am going out on a limb here but I WANT TO WIN!  So I am asking all of you, will you join me this month? Here is the bonus part, the program is on sale through the 31st and it comes with a 30 day supply of Shakeology so you can work on your fitness and start working on your diet as well.  If you are interested, please fill out this entry form and I will make sure you get in!  Let's make 2015 the best year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment