Friday, January 2, 2015

Shakeology Buckeyes!

Happy New Year!

I can't believe it is 2015 already, where does the time go?!  I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas/New Years time with their family.  I had the pleasure of traveling to Myrtle Beach to see my family with Lily....AND Lily was so good on the flights down and back!  I was so nervous but she sat in my lap and we watching Frozen and played with tape without any tears or whining.

Bad news is I somehow got the flu along the way.  I made it through Christmas feeling fine but by Saturday afterwards I was totally down for the count.  Fever, aches, stuffy head nose and chest....took me until Tuesday to feel good enough to get out of bed.  Lily got the flu shot so she never caught it from me thank goodness and Matt is still holding strong so that's a sign of relief!

I meant to post about these amazing buckeye's I made for a Christmas party a couple of weeks ago but life just got in the way. What makes them so amazing is they are so easy and so HEALTHY!  Regular buckeye calls for tons of sugar, I replaced all the sugar with Shakeology!  

For those who don't know what Shakeology is, it's a dense superfood powder that you mix with water/milk/almond milk/any cold liquid to make a delicious meal. It's like a multivitamin in shake form.  I started using it back in July when I started with BeachBody and I literally have it every morning for my breakfast.  I could go on and on about the benefits of it and the savings you get by using it but that would be a novel not a blog post :) so if you want to learn more about it, you can check out the website or you can message me and I will gladly share more!

Now for the recipe:
Shakeology Buckeyes
1 cup Vanilla Shakeology
1 cup Oats
1.5 cups Organic Creamy Peanut Butter

1. Put Oats in a food processor or blender and blend until they are a fine texture.
2. Combine oats with Shakeology and add Peanut Butter.  Here is the part where I did a little improvising, I started with 1 cup peanut butter but noticed the dough wasn't sticking together so I kept adding peanut butter until it was a formed dough that I could make balls out of and I am guessing it was around 1.5 cups total but it might be a little less.
3. Roll dough into large marble size balls and place on wax paper.
4. Melt Dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl.
5. Using a toothpick, pick up each ball and dip in Chocolate.  Replace on wax paper to allow it to harden.

VIOLA! Shakeology Buckeyes!  I put mine in the refrigerator for a few minutes to let them set up but then I added them to goody bags and they were served room temperature.  I didn't count how many this made but I want to say it was in the range of 36-40 balls.

They were a big hit and everyone loved that they were getting a dessert that was also giving them important vitamins and nutrients to be healthy! 

Here is my amateur picture of what they looked like:

I hope you enjoy these as much as we did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment